Let’s talk about something new. Today I am going to show you how to create a simple web page using HTML. This will be about programming or web designing. how to make a hello world program in HTML. A programmer starts his journey with the hello world program.
What is HTML?
HTML helps to make a website. It is the root of the webpage. HTML is a markup language as the name shown, it is not a programming language. It stands for Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). With the help of HTML and CSS, we can easily make a website.
What is the full form of HTML?
HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE.
Who invented the HTML?
Tim Berners-Lee found the HTML language. It is a language for describing web pages.
How to create a basic web page in HTML?
Source code of program
hello world program html
For making a web page all we need is a simple text editor. We will create a new file and we will name this file index.html and save it. The name will be anything it is your choice what name will you set. We will type doctype HTML as shown below for declare document type.
The next line of code is type HTML tags followed by a closing HTML tag ( <html></html> ). Always remember we will always close HTML tags like this.
Now we add a head tag in the next line.
After the head opening tag we will make a title tag, In the title tag, we set the title of the webpage.
After </head> tag we create a body tag. <body> tag define the document body. It is also enclosed by closing tag like <html> and <head> tag.
What are the features of HTML?
- HTML tag are not case sensitive, <h> means the same as <H>.
- Complete code in <html></html> tag.
- A browser is an interpreter that works to compile the HTML files.
- HTML does not provide the source code security.
- A client can view the complete code by right-clicking on the web page and choosing the view source option.
- Saved with extension .htm or .html.
- To execute the HTML file double click on the HTML file or write its complete path in the browser address bar
- HTML tags are surrounded by the two characters “<” and “>”.
- These (“<“,”>”) are called angle brackets.
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like <b> and </b>.
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag.
- The text between the start tag and end tags is the element content.
How to save an HTML file
After writing a hello world program HTML. The HTML file can save with extension (.htm and .html). Without saving an HTML file you can not execute it. The .htm and .html both extensions are different.
What are tags?
Tags are keywords that describe the piece of information in it. On a webpage, each row contains a tag.
Is HTML secure or not?
This question is always on the search. So, YES HTML can be hacked easily due to low security of code and poor coding. HTTPS increases the security of a website but it doesn’t mean that it’s secure from attackers.